Technorati Profile

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Business

I have not been paying much attention to my blog lately. I have been busy with businesses and have neglected to post here.

After much thought and after working very hard at various businesses, I have come to the conclusion that MLM and Network Marketing are not for me. My reasoning for this is because I feel that when something new or a new idea comes out, it is unique in its own way. Very soon everyone is copying it and it is no longer a niche. For example, I thought MLM Lead System Pro was one of its kind when I first found it. Well, it was one of its kind, but very soon there were others duplicating it and now it seems that every solicitation I receive is just a different name and version of MLM Lead System Pro. One thing I can say for it, is that the marketing training was much more advanced and I learned a ton of things that I probably would not have learned had I not been involved with it.

The way I look at it, is that I can now take what I learned and apply it to my own thing. One thing I do agree with, is that you must position yourself as a leader, but with everyone duplicating these business types, we know that the only true leaders are the ones that created these programs and everyone else is just copying and pretending to be as much of an expert as the creators.

I feel that we need to learn all that we can---never stop learning so we actually have something of our own to give to others and we can be leaders in our own right.

I have decided to stop getting involved in all of this hype. Actually, I'm really very tired of all of this hype and feel that is has wasted my valuable time. Although, I have no one to blame but myself.

I have decided to put all of my skills and knowledge in one package and market myself and my own business to those who want and need my specialized services. I have so many skills that I can use to help others in their businesses to help them grow and take care of the tasks that need taken care of so they can have the time to do other important things in their businesses. I will be what is called a Virtual Assistant. I will market to small and medium businesses and take care of many projects that need done for them and they won't have to hire a full time or part time employee or a temp. I will work by the hour and when the project is done, it is done and they won't have to pay an ongoing employee to stay on and do nothing in between projects. They also won't have to pay taxes on payroll, provide health insurance or any other benefits. And when their next project rolls around, they can use my services again.

I am just getting started. My first step at this is setting up the type of business that I will be. After much thought, I have decided to set up as an Limited Liability Co. (LLC) instead of a sole proprietor. This way I have all the benefits of being a sole proprietor, but not with all of the liability that comes with it.

Today I am going over and filling out all of the paperwork involved with this so I can get started. I will be posting all of the steps as I progress through this process. So, until tomorrow......

No comments: